In my opinion swimming is a life skill that everyone should learn. It can be very relaxing and fun but also challenging.
Learning proper swimming techniques will make a difference in the way you swim and feel in the water.
Swimming is a great workout because you need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water.
Swimming is a good all-round activity because it:
- keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- tones muscles and builds strength
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.